Eight, great ways to add Color to your kitchen
Okay friends, the kitchen is a room that truly has my heart and well, you know how I feel about color (insert all of the heart eye/kiss emojis). It's hard to infuse personality into such a hard working space so, as a former kitchen and bathroom designer and current chromatophiliac, I have rounded up 8 of my favorite ways to add color & personality to your kitchen.
1. ART: Framed or unframed, a bold art print can energize your space and add tons of personality for small $$.
via House To Home
2. PAINT: Color, Color, Color, just about any will do. For the cost of about $30 and a half day of work, you can completely transform your kitchen from ordinary to Yasss!
3. ACCENT CABINETRY: Whether you are painting old warn cabinetry to buy some time or ordering a custom piece, I love the use of a few colorful accent pieces. No need to go overboard but the right tone in the right place and you have a statement kitchen.
4. TILE: It's functional AND beautiful! Today there are millions of options for backsplash tile. From a classic subway to a masterpiece mosaic, the space between the countertop and the cabinets is the perfect place to show off.
5. APPLIANCES: I mean... Have you seen all of the options out there? From blazing orange ranges to warm pink refrigerators it's worth the investment to pick a piece that you love because you will be cleaning it EVERY DAY, amIright?
6. DISHES: Open shelving has been a trend for quite a few years now and I think it's here to stay. There is no better way to add a low commitment pop of color to your kitchen in the form of your favorite serving pieces. Arranging them in rainbow order, you can't go wrong!
via. Oh Happy Day
7. RUGS: With so many cold hard surfaces in your kitchen a warm vibrant rug is a great way to add warmth to your space. A vintage runner or a couple modern throw rugs can infuse tons of personality and make your space a bit more comfortable.
8. LIGHTING: Pendants!!! From glass to metal there are a plethora of amazing pendants available. The great thing about a pendant is it draws your eye up from the countertop to the ceiling creating height and depth. They are most definitely the jewelry of the kitchen.
GREAT, right?! I just love a pop of color in the kitchen. What is your favorite way to add color? I have added a bunch of my favorite kitchens over on my Pinterest page. Check 'em out!